Hi everyone, Names Andrew as I'm sure you've figured out if your reading this. Well I would assume you are checking up on this because you want to know about me, know about Bent, know dirty secrets about the cast and what we say behind Dustin's back, of course I never said that though, so I'll stop hesitating and get right into it.I have never wrote a blog before in my life... ever, and to put it bluntly I suck at the English language. So I apologize to some of you ahead of time who read this and cringe.
So to start things off. My character is Horst in the play and to tell the truth when I auditioned for this play I had very little to no previous knowledge about the play and the characters. It wasn't until I finally read the play at our first meeting and saw who my character was and who I was working with that I started to get really excited. There are a multitude of reasons I am excited to be doing this play. One of which, this is actually my first main stage production where I'm being cast as a main character. I have been cast before as the main character, however, those are mostly in the directing scene's and One-Act festivals held at CSU. A couple other reasons are the play itself. It is a beautifully made play with such a powerful message, and Dustin keeps throwing in all these little artistic ideas that make everything that much better. The list could go on and on.
Thus far into rehearsals I've been loving the experience. I've been told interesting things about Dustin by some people he has directed before. My own personal experience is he knows what he wants and he pushes hard to get you there. He doesn't care if he's nice about it, its not his job to be, and so far I like that. I mean he doesn't push things over the edge and all of the cast is improving immensely. Then, theres our lovely Stage Manager, Ms. Christina who will write down ever word you say during a rehearsal and then send it to you in an e-mail. I'm not lying, once during a brief break, I was in the hall way of the Lory Student Center and I was in my socks because we were practicing without shoes on. And I was running and sliding up and down the halls, Ya know having fun. I come back into the room and say " Hey, That floor plus socks, is really fun." That night in the rehearsal report was a post by Christina. 8:45 Break time: AJ discovers Floors are fun with socks... how ever we do love her as a cast because without her remembering and thinking for most of the cast and especially Dustin. We all would be screwed.
Then finally there is my gay confusing lover in the play, Max. Being played by Mickey. Now for those of you who don't know Mickey, he's quiet a freaking character himself. He comes off all shy and innocent but man once you get that kid talking he just bounces off the wall and keeps going. I must say I enjoy that because I do that too and most of the time Christina and Dusting have to tell us to focus and Calm Down. But I'm enjoying it.
We'll thats all I got for round one. Hope you enjoy it and I'll try to make the others one's less boring. Or as interesting as this Blog depending on your standpoint. Later.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


![See in fullscreen [Press F11] Fullscreen](http://btemplates.googlepages.com/fullscreen.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment